ROCHESTER HILLS, Mich., Sept. 28, 2015
– FANUC America Corporation demonstrates high-speed grouping with its intelligent M-1iA parallel-link “Genkotsu” robot, and LR Mate 200 iD mini-robot at Pack Expo 2015, Sept. 28-30, in Las Vegas, booth #5244.
Intelligent High-Speed Grouping
An M-1iA/0.5SL long-arm four-axis robot will use iRVision to pick random parts from a conveyor and
arrange them in defined group patterns or lanes using iRPickTool software. Next, a FANUC LR Mate 200iD
mini-robot picks the entire group pattern and places it on an outbound conveyor. The parts are circulated and the process repeats.
FANUC’s iRPickTool software simplifies setup for line tracking systems and minimizes programming for customers with picking
M-1iA Intelligent “Genkotsu” Robot
The M-1iA is a lightweight and compact parallel-link robot designed for small part handling, high-speed picking, packing,
kitting, and assembly applications. The robots are very easy to integrate into production lines, and easy to learn, which minimizes downtime and maximizes
In addition to the M-1iA/0.5SL, the M-1iA family of robots includes the M-1i
A/0.5A six-axis model, the M-1iA/0.5S four-axis model and the M-1iA/1H three-axis model. The unique
parallel-link structure provides higher speeds and accuracy compared to traditional handling robots. Like all FANUC robots, the M-1 iA operates with the company’s latest integrated intelligent functions such as iRVision, Force Sensing
and Robot Link.
The M-1iA offers a wide range of benefits, including:
- Lightweight (12kg for three-axis model; 14kg for four-axis model; 17kg for six-axis model), compact size allows operation in small spaces.
- Six-axis design enables part feeding from the sides of a work zone, increasing the useable workspace.
- Multiple installation orientations accommodate a wide range of work areas.
- Unique parallel-link design maximizes speed.
- Supports a multiple-arm configuration of up to four robots.
- A camera for iRVision (built-in) can be integrated into the robot.
- Mate rack-style controller provides intelligent robot functions.
- Robot Link controls and coordinates up to ten robots through a network exchange of robot positional data.
FANUC Force Sensor is
available for intricate assembly applications.
FANUC LR Mate 200iD Robots
The family of LR Mate 200iD robots is a versatile solution for a wide range of manufacturing operations that require access into small spaces. A
very slim arm about the same size as a human arm, and a bottom cable exit option minimize interference with peripheral devices. The LR Mate 200iD
robots offer a “best in class” work envelope for both upright and invert mount installations. The LR Mate 200iD robots are also available with ISO
Class 4 clean-room and food-grade variants for food handling and healthcare packaging applications.
LR Mate 200iD Features and Benefits
- Slim arm and compact foot print minimizes interference to peripheral devices in narrow spaces.
- Four to seven kg wrist load capacity with six-axis articulation.
- Best in class work envelope simplifies system layout.
- Fastest joint axes speeds maximize system throughput.
- Integrated 24VDC power, signal and air for easy end-of-arm-tool connection.
Integrated thru-arm cable option for iRVision, force sensing, Ethernet and auxiliary axes.
Flexible mounting (upright, invert, angle).
- High rigidity and the most advanced servo technology enable smooth motion at high speeds.
Easy integration into machines.
Features lightest mechanical unit in its class.
- IP67 rating allows operation in factory environments with dust and oil mist.
- New LR Mate 200iD/4SC clean-room model is ISO Class 4 (Class 10) clean-room certified for electronics, pharmaceutical and food
applications. It features a white FDA compliant coating, stainless steel wrist, and NSF-H1 grade grease on all joints to provide reliable performance in
demanding production environments, including rigorous sanitation procedures.
FANUC iRVision is a truly integrated, plug-and-go vision system that runs on the standard CPU of every FANUC R-30iB controller without any additional hardware. A single source solution developed and supported by FANUC, iRVision offers easy setup and operation for factory environments requiring 2D and 3D guidance, error proofing, visual tracking,
and quality control – all with FANUC’s world-renowned reliability.
Next Generation R-30iB Mate Controller
The FANUC R-30iB Mate Controller uses high-performance hardware and the latest advances in network communications, integrated iRVision,
and motion control functions. The R-30iB Mate Controller features FANUC’s exclusive and easy-to-use iPendant with 4D graphics. The iPendant displays process information and the actual process path directly on the iPendant screen, enabling easier setup and
Based on the latest FANUC Series 30iB CNC Controller, the R-30iB Mate Robot Controller is compact, providing customers a significant
space savings. The R-30iB Mate Controller, available with a compact rack-style open-air controller cabinet or an industrial grade standard Mate
cabinet, is very energy efficient and requires less power consumption due to its availability in both single-phase and three-phase versions.
About FANUC America Corporation
FANUC America Corporation is a subsidiary of FANUC CORPORATION in Japan, and provides industry-leading robotics, CNC systems, and factory automation.
FANUC’s innovative technologies and proven expertise help manufacturers in the Americas maximize efficiency, reliability and profitability.
FANUC America is headquartered at 3900 W. Hamlin Road, Rochester Hills, MI 48309, and has facilities in: Atlanta; Boston; Charlotte; Chicago; Cincinnati;
Cleveland; Dallas; Indianapolis; Los Angeles; Minneapolis; Montreal; Pine Brook, NJ; San Francisco; Toronto; Buenos Aires, Argentina; Sao Paulo, Brazil;
and Aguascalientes, and Mexico City, Mexico. For more information, please call: 888-FANUC-US (888-326-8287) or visit our website:www.fanucamerica.com. Also, connect with us onYouTube, Twitter,Facebook, Google+ and LinkedIn.
FANUC America Corporation PR contact:
Industry Marketing Manager – Robotics and ROBODRILLs
FANUC America Corporation