MISSISSAUGA, ONTARIO, Sept. 28, 2015
– FANUC Canada will demonstrate CNC and robotics product demonstrations for the education market including the FANUC CNC Simulator and
Robotic Dual Check Safety (DCS) Fenceless Zones at the Canadian Manufacturing Technology Show (CMTS) 2015, Sept. 28 – Oct. 1, in Toronto, booth #4118.
“Our education programs are aligned with STEM initiatives to support technical education and career paths,” said Paul Aiello, director, FANUC Certified
Education Training (CERT). “We collaborate with industry and education to encourage the development of innovative curriculums based on today’s industry
needs. Companies committed to working with CERT training programs are then able to hire locally trained students that have advanced automation skills.”
FANUC will feature the following education demonstrations:
FANUC CNC Simulator
The FANUC CNC simulator is the perfect addition to the classroom and provides maximum exposure to FANUC CNC controls when actual machine time is limited.
Based on the FANUC 0iF platform, the simulator allows you to switch between milling and turning configurations at power on to teach programming, navigation
and operation on the world’s most popular CNC control.
Simple configurations make it easy to learn how to operate and edit data on a modern FANUC control. FANUC’s MGi conversational interface allows users to
graphically generate programs that are simulated in 3D, and then convert the programs back to conventional NC programs for use on machine tools using FANUC
controls. Students use Flash ATA and USB interfaces to upload and download (read and punch), and DNC functions are supported by Ethernet and Flash ATA
Dual Check Safety (DCS) Fenceless CERT Cart
At the show, attendees will be able to safely approach and interact with a FANUC LR Mate 200iD robot in the DCS Fenceless Zones CERT Cart
demonstration. The LR Mate 200iD operates with no safety fences surrounding it. Instead, it uses DCS and a series of area scanners to safely
monitor robot motion area and speed, and any intrusions into each zone surrounding the robot.
Ergonomic features of this highly portable education unit include a fold up tabletop that is easy to expand and collapse, locking caster wheels, and easy
power on with a simple wall outlet plug. The open tabletop design of the DCS Fenceless Zones CERT Cart offers the robot over 180 degrees of movement. This
wide robot motion range offers greater programming flexibility and operation. Additionally, the robot’s end of arm tool comes with many options, further
adding to the product’s flexibility.
In the DCS Fenceless Zones CERT Cart, the robot moves at normal speed when no operator is in the monitored zones. If an operator approaches the “slow down
zone,” area sensors detect the intrusion and the robot slows down. If the operator enters the robot motion area or “stop zone,” the robot comes to a
complete stop. An integrated safety stack light indicates zone activity.
“The area sensors surrounding the platform create a virtual wall around the robot, allowing an operator to load or unload parts to the part tray,” said
Paul Aiello. “This allows for convenience of easy part changeover and interaction between the instructor or student and the robot without the need for
FANUC CNC Simulator Features and Benefits
- Switchable mill and lathe system in one simulator
- 3-axis milling / 2-axis turning system + 1 spindle
- Manual Guide i installed for conversational program creation and 3D simulation
Inch / metric switchable
- 512KB part program storage, with 400 registered programs
32-tool offset pairs
- Work piece coordinates G52 – G59 + 48 additional on mill
10.4” Color LCD monitor
Full QWERTY keyboard
USB, Flash ATA and Ethernet connectivity
Optional I/O Link I and RS232 serial interface
Power: AC 100 - 240, 0.8A – 0.4A, 50 – 60Hz
Power consumption 80w
Weight: Approx. 26.4lb (12kg)
- Dimensions: Approx. 16.5” x 7.5” x 23.3” (421mm x 190mm x 592mm)
FANUC LR Mate 200iD Robots
The family of LR Mate 200iD robots is a versatile solution for a wide range of manufacturing operations that require access into small spaces. A very slim arm about the same size as a human arm, and a bottom cable exit option minimize interference with peripheral devices. The LR Mate 200iD robots offer a “best
in class” work envelope for both upright and invert mount installations. The LR Mate 200iD robots are also available with ISO Class 4 clean-room
and food-grade variants for primary (unwrapped) food handling and healthcare packaging applications.
LR Mate 200iD Features and Benefits
- Slim arm and compact foot print minimizes interference to peripheral devices in narrow spaces.
- Four to seven kg wrist load capacity with six-axis articulation.
- Best in class work envelope simplifies system layout.
- Fastest joint axes speeds maximize system throughput.
- Integrated 24VDC power, signal and air for easy end-of-arm-tool connection.
- Integrated thru-arm cable option for iRVision, force sensing, Ethernet and auxiliary axes.
- Flexible mounting (upright, invert, angle).
- High rigidity and the most advanced servo technology enable smooth motion at high speeds.
- Easy integration into machines.
- Features lightest mechanical unit in its class.
- IP67 rating allows operation in factory environments with dust and oil mist.
- New LR Mate 200iD/4SC clean-room model is ISO Class 4 (Class 10) clean-room certified for electronics, pharmaceutical and food applications. It
features a white FDA compliant coating, stainless steel wrist, NSF-H1 grade grease on all joints to provide reliable performance in demanding production
environments, including rigorous sanitation procedures.
FANUC Canada, located at 6774 Financial Drive, Mississauga, Ontario L5N 7J6 is a subsidiary of FANUC America Corporation. FANUC Canada provides
industry-leading robotics, CNC systems, and factory automation. FANUC’s innovative technologies and proven expertise help manufacturers in the Americas
maximize efficiency, reliability and profitability.
FANUC America is headquartered at 3900 W. Hamlin Road, Rochester Hills, MI 48309, and has facilities in: Atlanta; Boston; Charlotte; Chicago; Cincinnati;
Cleveland; Dallas; Indianapolis; Los Angeles; Minneapolis; Montreal; Pine Brook, NJ; San Francisco; Toronto; Buenos Aires, Argentina; Sao Paulo, Brazil;
and Aguascalientes, and Mexico City, Mexico. For more information, please call: 888-FANUC-US (888-326-8287) or visit our website:www.fanucamerica.com. Also, connect with us onYouTube, Twitter,Facebook, Google+ and LinkedIn.
FANUC Canada PR contact:
FANUC America PR contact
Industry Marketing Manager – Robotics and ROBODRILLs
FANUC America Corporation