MISSISSAUGA, ONTARIO, Sept. 28, 2015
– FANUC Canada demonstrates ROBODRILL machine tending with a high-speed FANUC LR Mate 200iD robot at the Canadian Manufacturing Technology Show
(CMTS) 2015, Sept. 28 – Oct. 1, in Toronto, booth #4118.
A FANUC LR Mate 200iD robot equipped with iRVision® loads raw parts into the high-speed ROBODRILL α-D14SiA5 machine
tool. iRVision checks for part presence, or if a slot is occupied. The raw part is a rectangular aluminum block that is fed into the ROBODRILL
system, which then is cut with a specific program to form a business card holder. The LR Mate 200iD then unloads the part and places it back into
the designated slot.
FANUC LR Mate 200iD Robots
The family of LR Mate 200iD robots is a versatile solution for a wide range of manufacturing operations that require access into small spaces. A
very slim arm about the same size as a human arm, and a bottom cable exit option minimize interference with peripheral devices. The LR Mate 200iD
robot offers a “best in class” work envelope for both upright and invert mount installations. The LR Mate 200iD robot is also available with ISO
Class 4 clean-room and food-grade variants for food handling and healthcare packaging applications.
LR Mate 200iD Features and Benefits
- Slim arm and compact foot print minimizes interference to peripheral devices in narrow spaces
- Four to seven kg wrist load capacity with six-axis articulation
- Best in class work envelope simplifies system layout
- Fastest joint axes speeds maximize system throughput
- Integrated 24VDC power, signal and air for easy end-of-arm-tool connection
- Integrated thru-arm cable option for iRVision, force sensing, Ethernet and auxiliary axes
- Flexible mounting (upright, invert, angle)
- High rigidity and the most advanced servo technology enable smooth motion at high speeds
- Easy integration into machines
- Features lightest mechanical unit in its class
- IP67 rating allows operation in factory environments with dust and oil mist
- New LR Mate 200iD/4SC clean-room model is ISO Class 4 (Class 10) clean-room certified for electronics, pharmaceutical and food applications.
FANUC iRVision is a truly integrated, plug-and-go vision system that runs on the standard CPU of every FANUC R-30iB controller without
any additional hardware. A single source solution developed and supported by FANUC, iRVision offers easy setup and operation for factory environments requiring 2D and 3D guidance, error proofing, visual tracking, and quality control – all with FANUC’s world-renowned
Next Generation R-30iB and R-30iB Mate Controller
The FANUC R-30iB and R-30iB Mate Controller use high-performance hardware and the latest advances in network communications, integrated iRVision, and motion control functions. The R-30iB Controllers feature FANUC’s exclusive and easy-to-use iPendant with 4D
graphics. The iPendant displays process information and the actual process path directly on the iPendant screen, enabling easier setup
Based on the latest FANUC Series 30iB CNC Controller, the R-30iB and R-30iB Mate Robot Controllers are compact, providing
customers a significant space savings. The R-30iB Mate Controller, available with a compact rack-style open-air controller cabinet, or an
industrial grade standard Mate cabinet, is very energy efficient and requires less power consumption due to its availability in both single-phase and three-phase versions. The R-30iB Controller offers an optional power
FANUC ROBODRILL Features & Benefits
- Highest quality and shortest machining times for all industries requiring ultra high precision and surface quality.
- Available in three models for multiple part types including 300 mm, 500 mm and 700 mm table length models.
- Dynamic spindle options with high-speed tool change reaching up to 24,000 RPM.
- Optimal acceleration and deceleration control for shorter cycle times.
- Direct drive axes enable high speed and acceleration and high precision machining.
- Large table load capacity – Up to 300 kg.
- Safe operation features including thermal compensation and fast self-diagnosis.
- Automatic fault recovery and tool breakage control for consistent quality without downtime.
- Through tooling coolant for continuous drilling.
- Contour control, automatic thermal compensation and machine mode setting options for high precision and accuracy.
- Standard FANUC CNC installed.
- Variety of intelligent software functions for fast, high-precision machining with ultra exact position reproducibility.
- Complete turnkey systems with FANUC CNC and easy robot integration for machine tool load/unload with single or multiple robots.
- Integrated communication protocols for operation of robots and ROBODRILL from the same controls.
- Large color LCD with compact operator panel with USB port and memory card slot for easy file transfer.
- ROBODRILL PMC for peripheral equipment control.
- Spindle power up to 26 kW (35 hp) and torque up to 80 Nm (59 lb-ft).
4th and 5th axis options for simultaneous machining and cutting through high-speed indexing with additional one and two-axis
rotary table options.
- Rigid cast iron c-frame design with high-speed automatic tool change.
- Intelligent design for overall energy conservation and efficiency.
FANUC Canada, located at 6774 Financial Drive, Mississauga, Ontario L5N 7J6 is a subsidiary of FANUC America Corporation. FANUC Canada provides
industry-leading robotics, CNC systems, and factory automation. FANUC’s innovative technologies and proven expertise help manufacturers in the Americas
maximize efficiency, reliability and profitability.
FANUC America is headquartered at 3900 W. Hamlin Road, Rochester Hills, MI 48309, and has facilities in: Atlanta; Boston; Charlotte; Chicago; Cincinnati;
Cleveland; Dallas; Indianapolis; Los Angeles; Minneapolis; Montreal; Pine Brook, NJ; San Francisco; Toronto; Buenos Aires, Argentina; Sao Paulo, Brazil;
and Aguascalientes, and Mexico City, Mexico. For more information, please call: 888-FANUC-US (888-326-8287) or visit our website:www.fanucamerica.com. Also, connect with us onYouTube, Twitter,Facebook, Google+ and LinkedIn.
FANUC Canada PR contact:
FANUC America PR contact
Industry Marketing Manager – Robotics and ROBODRILLs
FANUC America Corporation