ROCHESTER HILLS, MI – (Sept. 12, 2016) FANUC America Corporation will feature the new ARC Mate 100iD arc welding robot and LR Mate 200iD/7L table-top material handling robot in a live welding application at IMTS 2016, booth #S-8919.
At the show, two ARC Mate 100iD robots will simulate frame rail welding. First, a FANUC LR Mate 200iD/7L will load weld coupons to the work station for welding. Next, the new ARC Mate 100iD robots equipped with Laser Seam Finders will perform real-time seam sensing before welding the parts. Welded parts will be discarded and the cycle repeats. The system highlights the flexibility of the robots to perform multiple operations, offering easy setup and connectivity to the Servo Robot and Meta Laser Sensors.
FANUC ARC Mate 100iD Robots
The new ARC Mate 100iD welding robot is the first model in the next generation of ARC Mate robots. Rated best-in-class for speed and accuracy, the ARC Mate 100iD offers higher productivity and precision compared to its predecessor due to its increased rigidity. With a best-in-class 12kg payload, it easily handles the latest servo welding torches plus additional sensors or peripherals, increasing flexibility and productivity.
The new ARC Mate 100iD robot offers a “sleek” and lightweight design that features internal cable routing and a curved J2 robot arm, minimizing interference with work pieces and fixtures and allowing more productivity in the work area. The new robot also features a longer reach and stroke - even in the backflip region – making it easier for customers to apply the robot while maximizing their available workspace – including larger parts or tooling.
ARC Mate 100iD Features and Benefits
- Large motion range increases system flexibility.
- Very rigid arm eliminates motion vibration, even at high speeds.
- Supports FANUC’s intelligent options, including: iRVision, Servo Positioners and i
- Best-in-class payload, speed and accuracy.
- Smooth surface minimizes spatter collection, reducing maintenance.
- Fully integrated welding hose pack and cable management system simplifies and speeds up integration, and improves cable life which improves reliability.
- Large, hollow arm allows seamless integration of weld package dress outs, third-party utilities, and sensor cables.
- An improved wire feeder installation creates a smaller, compact welding cell.
FANUC LR Mate 200iD Robots
The family of LR Mate 200iD robots is a versatile solution for a wide range of manufacturing operations that require access into small spaces. A very slim arm about the same size as a human arm, and a bottom cable exit option minimize interference with peripheral devices. The LR Mate 200iD robots offer a “best in class” work envelope for both upright and invert mount installations. The LR Mate 200iD robots are also available with ISO Class 4 clean-room and food-grade variants for food handling and healthcare packaging applications.
LR Mate 200iD Features and Benefits
- Slim arm and compact foot print minimizes interference to peripheral devices in narrow spaces.
- Available in three variations: standard, short, and long arm.
- Four to seven kg wrist load capacity with six-axis articulation.
- Best in class work envelope simplifies system layout.
- Fastest joint axes speeds maximize system throughput.
- Integrated 24VDC power, signal and air for easy end-of-arm-tool connection.
- Integrated thru-arm cable option for iRVision, force sensing, Ethernet and auxiliary axes.
- Flexible mounting (upright, invert, angle).
- High rigidity and the most advanced servo technology enable smooth motion at high speeds.
- Easy integration into machines.
- Features lightest mechanical unit in its class.
- IP67 rating allows operation in factory environments with dust and oil mist.
About FANUC America Corporation
FANUC America Corporation is a subsidiary of FANUC CORPORATION in Japan, and provides industry-leading robotics, CNC systems, and factory automation. FANUC’s innovative technologies and proven expertise help manufacturers in the Americas maximize efficiency, reliability and profitability.
FANUC America is headquartered at 3900 W. Hamlin Road, Rochester Hills, MI 48309, and has facilities in: Atlanta; Boston; Charlotte; Chicago; Cincinnati; Cleveland; Houston; Los Angeles; Minneapolis; Montreal; Pine Brook, NJ; Pontiac, MI; San Francisco; Seattle; Toronto; Buenos Aires, Argentina; Sao Paulo, and Manaus, Brazil; and Aguascalientes, Mexico City, and Monterrey, Mexico. For more information, please call: 888-FANUC-US (888-326-8287) or visit our website: www.fanucamerica.com. Also, connect with us on YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and LinkedIn.
FANUC America Corporation PR contacts:
Marketing Communications Specialist - CNC
FANUC America Corporation
Industry Marketing Manager – Robotics and ROBODRILLs
FANUC America Corporation