ROCHESTER HILLS, MI – (Sept. 12, 2016) FANUC America Corporation will demonstrate sanding, washing and drying an aircraft fuselage with the new P-350iA/45 painting and coating robot at IMTS 2016, booth #S-8919.
The new P-350iA/45 robot equipped with a sanding tool will simulate sanding an aircraft fuselage. At the start of the cycle, the robot will automatically change the sandpaper pad. Upon completion of sanding, the robot connects to a washing applicator and simulates a wash routine. It will then make a second pass to dry the fuselage with compressed air. A projected image will show the application. The cell will highlight the robot’s flexibility, payload, reach and precision.
Intelligent P-350iA/45 Paint Robot
The new FANUC P-350iA/45 intelligent robot is the latest in a series of painting robots offered by FANUC since 1982. Designed for a variety of applications including painting, coating, sanding, and washing, it offers a flexible six-axis design and is Class 1, Division 1 approved for operation in hazardous environments. A 45 kg payload makes it the strongest paint robot in its classification. Based on FANUC’s M-710iC robot series, the P-350iA/45 offers the same reliability and proven technology of all FANUC products.
Intelligent P-350iA/45 Paint Robot Features and Benefits
- 360-degree rotation of J1 enables multi-direction operation.
- Durable cast aluminum outer arm withstands harsh conditions.
- 45 kg payload makes it the strongest robot in the C1/D1 classification.
- Slim arm with a 2606 mm reach allows operation in tight work spaces.
- High-speed operation minimizes robot cycle times.
- Purged and pressurized arm is FM and ATEX Class Div. 1 approved which maximizes reliability with FANUC’s standard purge module.
- IP67 rated wrist allows operation in wet conditions.
- Supports FANUC’s latest intelligent software tool packages including PaintTool, HandlingTool and SpotTool.
About FANUC America Corporation
FANUC America Corporation is a subsidiary of FANUC CORPORATION in Japan, and provides industry-leading robotics, CNC systems, and factory automation. FANUC’s innovative technologies and proven expertise help manufacturers in the Americas maximize efficiency, reliability and profitability.
FANUC America is headquartered at 3900 W. Hamlin Road, Rochester Hills, MI 48309, and has facilities in: Atlanta; Boston; Charlotte; Chicago; Cincinnati; Cleveland; Houston; Los Angeles; Minneapolis; Montreal; Pine Brook, NJ; Pontiac, MI; San Francisco; Seattle; Toronto; Buenos Aires, Argentina; Sao Paulo, and Manaus, Brazil; and Aguascalientes, Mexico City, and Monterrey, Mexico. For more information, please call: 888-FANUC-US (888-326-8287) or visit our website: www.fanucamerica.com. Also, connect with us on YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and LinkedIn.
FANUC America Corporation PR contacts:
Marketing Communications Specialist - CNC
FANUC America Corporation
Industry Marketing Manager – Robotics and ROBODRILLs
FANUC America Corporation